Wednesday 4 November 2009

TRACK OF THE NIGHT: Pull My Heart Away (Jamie XX Remix)



Theophilus London / Pull My Heart Away (Jamie XX Remix)

I luckily got to see Theophilus London support Jack Peñate on his tour last week and boy was he good (various concert related ramblings will follow soon). Anyway, Theo's interpretation of Jack's classic track is pure genius. With the help of Jamie Smith from The xx, who is on a bit of a roll at the moment after his masterpiece remix of Florence's You've Got The Love, the pair turn Pull My Heart Away into a kind of underground hip hop bounce. The track has been injected with a pulsing bass while Jack's vocals are sampled throughout and mix perfectly with Theo's American swagger. This is a first-class re-invention which perfectly blurs the lines between indie and hip hop, showing Theophilus London as a force to be reckoned with. Masterful.

Theophilus London / Pull My Heart Away (Jamie XX Remix)  by  ShornStarMan

No comments:

Post a Comment