Tuesday 10 November 2009

TRACK OF THE NIGHT: Kim & Jessie



M83 / Kim & Jessie

I'm not gonna lie, I first heard this song when it was featured on an advert for 90210 on E4, which is supposedly quite good (I'm told). Anyhow, Kim & Jessie is an evocative, emotional and stunning piece of music. I can't even start to describe how gorgeous this song is, it literally sounds like it's from another planet. Surrounded by a tumbling wave of epic guitars, charming synths and what sounds like some kind of violin, Kim & Jessie is strangely moving yet deeply spooky all at the same time. Every little detail is perfect, with vocalist Anthony bringing a great level of passion to the track as he softly sings each word in a breathy haze as if he's in a higher state of mind. Kim & Jessie is pure blissed out euphoria and has to be one of the sweetest pieces of dream pop I think I've ever heard, proving M83 to be ethereal royalty.

M83 / Kim & Jessie  by  ShornStarMan

No comments:

Post a Comment