Friday 30 October 2009

TRACK OF THE NIGHT: Wish I Stayed



Ellie Goulding / Wish I Stayed (Feat. FrankMusik)

Right, so I finally get to see Ellie live tomorrow night when she supports Little Boots and I seriously cannot wait. I don't know why but there's something about her which just gets me very very excited. Ellie's music doesn't slap you in the face like music from say Lady GaGa for instance, but to sum it up it's almost like a sort of quiet revolution. Behind all these enchanting arrangements are some very subtle hints of absolute musical genius which Ellie's music doesn't strive for, it just is. Wish I Stayed is a good example of this understated amazingness as Ellie's beautiful vocals soar above a magical backdrop of gentle guitar strings and sublime synths, with the help of FrankMusik on production duties. However, it's Ellie's lyrics which truly make Wish I Stayed the musical diamond it really is, as they beautifully portray her emotional regret about leaving home with an important sense of realism. Words can't even start to describe how much I am anticipating the work that will come from Ellie in 2010 but until then I'm sure she will continue to dazzle us all with her stunning tales of love, life and the universe.

Ellie Goulding / Wish I Stayed (Feat. FrankMusik)  by  ShornStar

No comments:

Post a Comment