Monday 5 October 2009

TRACK OF THE NIGHT: TiK ToK


Ke$ha / TiK ToK

Despite a little voice in my head telling me I shouldn't like this (probably because of the modern day pressures of having to look all "indie") I honestly can't get this song out of my head.You may recognise Ke$ha from her appearance on Flo Rida's track Right Round in which she features, however, to be honest that song doesn't really do her a lot of justice. TiK ToK on the other hand pretty much secures her status as the new pop it girl...to put it bluntly, it's a great big fuck off pop song. I honestly think it's going to be HUGE. The track itself has this great electropop vibe going on with a nice touch of auto-tune (but not too much) as Ke$ha sings about "feeling like P Diddy" and "brushing her teeth with a bottle of Jack" - it's all about getting smashed at parties basically, which may be pretty generic but constitutes for a great pop song. So there we have it, it's all pretty simple really, Ke$ha has created an ass-kicking pop song with an absolutely GINORMOUS chorus that is pretty damn likely to blow up the charts. Ace.



No comments:

Post a Comment